8/28/2006

Wool washing experiment



I wanted to see how much wieght was lost in the wool I purchased so I wieghed out exactly 3 ounces of fiber. It was just a good chunk of fiber.

I washed it, rinsed, and dried it as usual and when it was dried I wieghed it again.

It had only lost 3/4 of an ounce. It wieghted 2 1/4 when dry. Nice!

One tip the fiber shop lady, Susan, gave me was: the more crimp/waveys in the fleece fiber, the softer it is. And true to that she had me feel, with my eyes closed, two different fleeces. Once had less crimp than the other. It is true! Fleece with more crimp is softer and loftier than that with less crimp. One buying tip under the belt...more to come I am sure.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.