9/12/2006

More Jar Dying: Pencil Roving

This first one is a bit blurry, I know, but I took it in the microwave before nuking it to get a good picture of the colors. Next time I will add more red and yellow. It's really hard to stuff a fat skien into a jar and layer the colors too. I spun this pencil roving. Looks more like novelty fat yarn though!
Results of the dye-job (no puns please!). I will definately use more red and yellow next time. But the red traveled again which I LOVE because it creates some interesting colors! You can't see it but there is some earthy green on the other side of the brightest yellow part. I think I like this color way. I call this Earth, sky and The Heavens because of the earthy greens and firey yellows and red, then blues and purples. Could do with Earth-Air-Fire-Water and The Heavens, but that is a mouth full! I love the randomous of jar dying!!!

The next one is of the dyed BFL I did in the jar (check archives). It cards up kinda funny lookin, but I am sure it will make some interesting sock yarn! I will have to try this again and then use the combs that I am making to make it more...color defined.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.