10/08/2006

Wing-of-the-Moth Shawl and silk work

Here is my progress on the Wing-of-the-Moth shawl that is getting rave reviews across the net. I am using my own spun yarn of alpaca and silk, dyed golden yellow. You an see some sparkle off the silk in the yarn here and there. You can also see the stitch markers I made. Dispite my worries about the spirals gettin gin the way of my knitting, they have not caused me any problems. However, I will be making the spirals smaller on future sets. The lady last week who inquired about them and asked for 150 pieces, at $10 a set that came out to $250.00, I have not heard back from her yet. Oh well. I am told that $10 for a set of six peices like this set I am using is cheap! No worries. The local yarn shop asked if I would like to sell them there! Local buisness!
The next photo is a shot of some stretched out silk hankies I have on hand from when I ordered them last. I only spun a couple yards, maybe a hundred of the yellow yarn for the shawl and I need 1000 yards. I am trying pre-stretching the hankies to make spinning go quicker. This board is about a yard long. I LOOOVE the feel of the silk hankies....soooooo soft! It's a love affair with worm spit. LMAO!!!

Until next time... Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.