2/07/2007

Dyeing-dyeing-dyeing...today is a good day to dye.

As Worf always said on Star Trek the Next Generation...today is a good day to dye...well, die not dye...anyways...
I tried out this dying recipie found on the Dyepot blog for Cirtine Curry and I followed the directions and I didn't get the shading I was hoping for. The color is a really cool burnt orange...but all the jars came out the same color! *faint* I dunno how that happened but it may depend on what brand of egg dyes you use. It is still early yet for most stores by Jo-Anns had some off brand of dyes for a buck, so I got three packages. I'm gonna need more come payday at this rate!! I love the INTENSITY of the egg dyes, which you can see in the picture of the three jars and then on the finale product. I have been combing and blending these to make a "Peaches and Cream" kinda color. I just need a little purple in it and it will be that roving I saw on ebay that I loved sooooo much...but didn't have the money for. Humph! I think that one was called Tropical Paradise.

So now for experimenting. My poor hands are so dry from washing the wool pre-dyeing.....ow...I haven't used this much lotion in years!! I plan on dying several small lots of wool with plain english breakfest tea, then a half tab of orange, then a half tab yellow...and see how they all compair.





I cought Zar lounging away under his lamp, so I had a shutter-bug moment. He is so cute!!

Now I have to get working on that pixie purse as I plan to give it away this friday!!! EEEEP!





Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.