1/20/2008

This n Tat...

I decided to add my tatted flower to the box I found at a second hand store for $1.50 after reading about how to use tatting creatively on Bella Online. I have also decided to tat some trim for around the edges to hide the scratches and dents from this well loved box that now holds my tattin' supplies. Has anyone ever used cross-stitch floss to tat with?

Then I found this wonderful small beaded tatted heart online and made earrings from them. The thread is more maroon than pink-red as the camera has captured it. The beads are Swarovski 4MM AB coated bi-cones that I bought from Hobby Lobby while they were half-price. The thread is size 10 Classic Crochet thread.
I used to feel that all the hub-bub over the Swarovski crystals were just that, hub-bub. Well I have grown to love the sparkle they produce. HA! I must have Swarovski! I cannot say the name properly so I say Sworskivorski. The bead shop I shop at the most knows what I mean and she doesn't mind my goofy name for them. She'll correct me and I'll just agree "Yeah-yeah, those crazy things!" LMAO!!


Maven over on Ravelry invited me to participate in a "Scrumble" round-robin. A Scrumble, as she describes it is free-form crochet (sometimes knit). I said why not. She invited me to swap so I'll give it a go. It'll give me an excuse to crochet as I have not done so in a very long time (talking many years here).

I am almost done with a caplet I am knitting for a demo for the yarn-shop. In-between tatting, beading, and other creative activities it is going slower than it would have otherwise. That is okay though.

I have an idea on how to MAKE a shuttle. I've looked online and others who make them and I have plenty of polymer (fimo) clay around so I am gonna take a gander and see what I can come up with. Poly clay may be too flexible so I may end up having to make a "skeleton" out of shrinki-dink plastic (of which I also have plenty of from my days of being a rubber stampaholic). I am also still working on a basic spinning tutorial for the fans of you tube. I am having issues with getting the right angle, coupled with not a whole lotta time to record in = longer than expected production time. Sorry! I'd rather have a GOOD tutorial than a half-ass one. I'm sure you'd agree. Speaking of video making, those RAM chips we rain-checked from Best Buy are FINALLY in. However, the money I gave Mike so he could stop by on the way home from work to purchase them with, has used the money...for gas I suspect. SOoooooooooooo it has to wait till next Friday. I am just a but annoyed at him because he said he was gonna take it out of his account so he would not spend it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And now...to the Craft Cave!! *Cue retro batman theme....Craft Cave!, Craft Cave!, Craft Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave! do-de-do-de-do-de-do-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Until next time...



***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website(text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited(linking to the post is OK).***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.