6/07/2008

Mycology and Weaving

Okay back into the swing of things!

Anyone grow edible shrooms?

I ordered a Blue Oyster mushroom "kit" and it should be here sometime next week. In the meantime I have been literally obsorbing information on the growth and propagation of shrooms. I have been stumped as to where to buy screw-cap test tubs, flasks, and petri dishes for fungi propagation. All over the net I see them sold in bulk quantities of 20 or more. I don't have the money nor the space for all that! Anyone know where I can purchase 1-5 of each of these items?

I have been working on a weaving using Soumak technique which is basically just wrapping the warp with half-hitch knots. It's very free flowing and very free-form. I am loving it!




Until next time...

***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website(text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited(linking to the post is OK).***

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Steve Spangler sells baby soda bottle's, they are great I use them to hold my beads.
    They are soda bottles before they are blown up to hold soda.
    Homemade beer suppliers put their yeast in them or what ever it is they use, hops? And they sell the bottles for lots of money. Steve Spangler has real good prices.
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to give you the link.

    http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1368

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you're back! I'm sorry I can't help you with your shrooms-obsession. I'm into Guppy's right now. reading all about it and I want them, theuy are beautifull.

    So keep in touch and let us know How you do with the shrooms :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to hunt for edible fungus when I was living in Oregon, but I never worked at growing it myself. Everything was so wet with all the rain, that we had more than enough unwanted fungus in the house and everywhere! I even had algae living in the trunk of my car. Enjoy your new hobby! Mushrooms are so fascinating and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking at Soumak for a while, but I first need to build my frame loom... I'm still haveing too much fun learning further about spinning and teaching what I do know though.

    BTW - not sure if I've noted this before but Thank you for your tutorials and wit that you share. I conquered my fear of my drum carder with repeated watching of your you-tube on carding, and I hope to be making one of my own this weekend with the gal I'm teaching.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.