The first photo shows the linen tape threaded through the signiture sewings (a signiture is a group of folded papers nested inside one-another. My signatures are three pages thick). I made them a little too narrow for the strips so two of them are partly folded under. That's ok. I'm not too worried about it. The linen tape helps to reinforce the binding & takes some of the stress of page turning off the paper. This used 36 pages of the watercolor paper to equal 72 pages (144 pages if I work both front & back of each page).
The second photo is the text block (a block of sewn signatures) being pressed between two hardwood panels (part of an old flower press, yes I made that too...LOL). The text block is pressed then PVA glue (archival) is pounded onto & inbetween the signitures. So while that dried, I cut out the bookboard & book cloth.
I'll post more as it progresses. I cannot wait to get out into the field & paint on-the-go. Of which is the matter of obtaining or making a travel kit for watercolor. I'm still researching that one, so, more to come on that I'm sure.
Until next time...
***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website(text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited(linking to the post is OK).***