10/26/2013

Halloween Part-ay!


Tonight, will be a night of costumery, cheer, drunken shenanigans and friendship.
I've been working on my costume for a while now. It's a Ladybug Fairy like creation that just kinda created itself over the last couple of months. It all started with finding an "Instant Fashion" fabric in the clearance isle at Joanns.

Here is part of the costume. More photos to come as the night progresses. I have a set of wings that have glow int he dark details drying in front of a space heater since the cool air is slowing the drying time.

I've also made a crown of fall leaves that I attached to my ladybug antennae headband.

Oh yes, and I have a ladybug wand and fake eyelashes. Photos and videos of the hilarity to come!

It's been a long time since I really put myself into dressing up. Its quite the chore for a one nights showing, but OH so much FUN!!

Thankfully the outfit is done and I can now work on other sewing projects like my Fall wall quilt which is almost done. Just a few more things to applique to it now. I fear by the time it is finished, the fall season will be morphing into thanksgiving. I have wall quilts planned for each of the significant times of year.



I got Bellezza's block for October and it's SO CUTE!!!  I love it to pieces!! She needs a face though and plan on adding one along with some broom lines. Eeeeeeeee!!!

I can't show mine yet because I haven't shipped it out yet. It's taken me a long time to finish this one and I don't know if I will be that ambitious again! Of course other things like creating my Hallows costume and trying to finish a quilt for a friend is also taking up time. This is a busy time of year.



The next project I want to work on is a disappearing nine patch with Batiks. I saw a demo of it on youtube:

I snagged a Moda Over the Rainbow Batiks charm pack to do this with.




Last but never least, a friend on Facebook posted this meme that I want to share with you. It's now my desktop image because as an Aries...I will benefit from seeing this on a daily basis.






Until next time...
***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website(text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited(linking to the post is OK).***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.