11/01/2013

October Block arrived!


October Block

My October block arrived safe and sound along with it's Unicorn Rubber Duck giftie. I forgot to take a photo of it, but it reminded me of her because she has a collection of them. This block took me the better part of the month to complete in between working on my costume and the quilt for a pregnant friend.

My back pain has been very severe this week, and it forced me to go to urgent care to make sure it was not a nerve issue. It was not. I was prescribed heavy duty pain meds and muscle relaxers. I had to take a day off from work which will make my next check smaller than usual. They didn't do any Xrays which surprised me, but I guess that is how urgent care goes. You go in, you get a quick diagnosis, and you leave. With the two medications, and $85 in the hole for the doc visit and meds, the pain has become more bearable during the daytime. Attempting to sleep seems to aggravate the injured muscle that is causing so many problems. I'm actually more comfortable on the floor instead of my bed!

I was up at 4am this morning after heading to bed around 11 last night. I had planned on getting up at 5am to take pain meds and them in my system before heading out for work. Can't afford to take another day off.  So I got up and took a hot bath after taking meds. That was relaxing and I half dozed off. It's a small tub, there's no worry about drowning. 

The weekend is near, that will give me more time to hopefully heal this blasted muscle spasm. When I am home, I have the heating pad on my back. It's very relaxing and soothing.

Here is my costume from the party last weekend! I was a Ladybug Fairy and I won the Cute/Funny catagory for the costume contest. Wewt!







Until next time...
***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website(text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited(linking to the post is OK).***

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you! I also suffer from chronic pain, including, among other things back spasms. I recommend as an excellent help to all this: lidocaine patches. It is an innocuous drug, very safe, and extremely effective for muscle spasms in the back. Also, because it is in patch form, it is not in your system and does not have to be digested or processed by internal organs. Ask your dr...

    The costume is ADORABLE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.