9/22/2005

Mabon

Oh tis it Mabon already? Seems like the cheerful months of summer have passed even more quickly this year than the last. I'm a year older, and so is everything else. I had this awful feeling of foreboding the last couple days, and I think it is tied into the newest of record hurricanes, Rita. Last one was Katrina...what happened to L, M, N, O, P, and Q for names? Huh! Oh well.

So I am putting together a nice mabon ritual for myself. I plan on using objects to mark the quarters, using a black and white candle because between now and Samhain (Hallows) is a time of balance (ying and yang concept). I will want to recount all the things I have nutured in myself over the past summer, and those things which were not fruitful, and what I hope to reap in the next year. This is also a time to plan next years garden. I want to plant acorn squash and pumpkins next year along with garlic over the winter.
This is also a time of giving thanks. So I want to have some of my cucumbers from my garden to eat myself and some to share with the earth and her creatures.
I am planning on making Blackberry Wine/Mead also as it will be ready by Samhain if made soon. I will use a process uses natural yeasts to ferment the must (must = fermenting liquids) and hope that it comes out OK. I accidently made some fruit mead by leaving a summer blend fruit drink out for a week. I have about a cup of fermented and alcohol fruit flavored mead! I will use this along with some apple juice in my Holiday ritual.
I also want to do several apple spells for the dark months ahead. One for a protected hearth and home, and one to dispel negativity, and one that will help me nuture my studies as I begin Cella (a priestessing program with the local RCGI).
I don't think I will invoke any particular Deities, as this will make it simpler for me to do. Just a general saying of the past year and the coming past months.

Autumn Incense:

2 parts sweet grass

1 part each of:

cedar wood

sage

juniper berries

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.