11/09/2005

Vermicomposting-Worm composting

My Worm Bin:

So I've decided to venture into this worm composting skit. I've always wanted to try it but never really did. So now I have over 1000 redworms crawling around a 10 gal rubbermaid container filled with shredded paper, some leaves, a few handfulls of dirt and sand.
I got the worms in the mail today. A whole pound. So now I am gonna keep a journal here on the progress, and on paper for Cella. This will count towards environment. I'll be burying some scraps tonight in plot #2 in the bin.
The book (Worms Eat My Garbage by Mary Appelhoff) says to track the temperature, moisture, and possibly the pH but I don't have the equipment to do that. Moisture readers are expensive!!


'Til next time...








My Worm Bin inside with fresh bedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.