9/18/2006

Dyeing Experiment #2

Oven Dyeing with unspun fiber I came across some oven dyeing instructions and decided to first take a gander with some fiber before I take a leap of faith and dye the HUGE skien of 2 ply sock yarn I have been spinning up for the past week. I wound it off my spinnin wheel onto the niddy-noddy that I had made recently with PVC and I found that it makes skiens that are almost 6 feet long!!! I am gonna have to adjust that. I don't like such huge skiens as I find them hard to work with.

I love these colors together!

Oven Dyed sock yarn My sock yarn came out wonerfully! The purple and red mixed together A LOT which made this wonderfull dark red berry color. Then on one end there is pur blue and pure purple. The only thing I did not expect was the alpaca ply did not dye as much as the wool. It must not accept dye as easily but it created still another neat-o effect-Tweed!

This is definatly going into the fiber workbook I have going (a place to store the color combination experiments I try, place samples of dyed yarn, and to keep knitting ideas in...kinda like a fiber artist scrapbook I guess). Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.