11/02/2006

Interesting Question on Yahoo Answers...

I was surfing Yahoo answers this evening and found the following:

Does god want men to have no foreskin?
Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.Leviticus 19:28

Now let me tell you there were some interesting answers, but this one has my best vote:

Posted by matt_helm0108

"How about these other 'laws' located in Leviticus:

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her? c

) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here? h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves? j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14) "

The user is a true critic AND pays attention to the numours contridictions that are taught out of that darned bible.

And my day would not be complete if I could not post my own humble opinions:

"Like with any tradition, it is founded within religion that this barbaric action has come into a practice. Mostly practiced by the Jewish nation. But behind the practice is a practical foundation. They first removed the foreskin to prevent infections between the folds.

The boyfriend swears that it originated in Germany were they used the discarded foreskin to make our now modern day bratwurst. Yes, you read that correctly, pork filled foreskin. I'm sure they had to stretch it a bit...but I am a bit skeptical.

Seriously, what do you believe in your heart? Do you believe God would want us to remove the foreskin that we are born with? Then the answer is YES. It must have a purpose for being there. Do you believe on the other hand that the bible is a book written by one man who claimed it was dictated to him and therefor fallible? Because if the bible says that "man is fallible", then why do we never question the one man who wrote this book? Man is fallible, the bible was written by one, and therefor that darned book is fallible.The truth you seek lies within you. "

And yes, the BF did say that. LMAO!

What rediculous question will be proposed next? You never know!! AHhhhhhhhhhhhhh, run for the hills...the fanatics are rioting! Someone was bitching about christians saying they believe in evolution and they are so wrong to believe so...I'm sure that person was a perfect christian...NOT. Not to mention that we really don't know anything when it comes to the beginning of man. But the end is very clear. We are killing ourselves.

And then I'm thinking when has it ever been okay to murder in God's name, discriminate in Gods name or be ignorant in Gods name when clearly the bible says these things are wrong? When ever it suits the person doing it! What a backwards religion. I feel bad for those suckered into it, or pressured into it. You'd think we as the most intelligent mammel on the earth (so they tell us) and as far as we have come along in history that we would finally be learning to live together in peace, knowing that we all end up in the same place at the end of life. Either way we can never be 100% sure about anything. You should watch What the Bleep Do We Know. Makes the mind think! More thinking! Less hypno-zombie-ing! Sure that's a word, who's to say it is or isn't?!



Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.