11/09/2006

YAY! I got a bunch of 3-ply Icelandic yarn done over the weekend of the computer crash, oh how I like to term it "Computer took a wicked SHIT!". HA! It took me about a week to spin up three bobbins full of fine icelandic singles to make the right sized three ply that I was want to knit liners to my mittens with. It's super scratchy though so I will not be able to knit it for anything that will be against my sensitive skin areas like my neck. I work one of the skiens like a scarf to guage the ruffness....it was super ichy. What a dissapointment. But the yarn came out beautifully and I believe that I am getting better at plying. The plys are actually sticking together instead of coming apart after setting.

YAY!

I am still working on my mittens. I've stopped knitting for a few days in order to play with my new camera toy and getting lots of nature photography done to enter in the Nature Conservatory photo contest. I think I have about 30 or so entered now.

Until next time... Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.