1/04/2007

My Moth has hit a bump in the knitting road.


ACK-ACK-ACK! Moving right along...until *screeeeeeaaaaaaach!

If anyone has done this pattern and can help me...here is my problem on the reversed stockinette stitch between the pine cone and twin leaf patterns. Row 4.

What I have knitted: one stitch, a marker, a YO and 3 stitches before the new marker on one end (for a total of 4 sts), and on the opposite end, I have one stitch, a marker, TWO stitches, and the newly placed marker. Did I miss something? Should there be such a variance on the two ends?

Here is the line I followed:

"K1, *SM, YO, P4, PM, purl to one st before the next marker (which would be the one before the middle stitch) , PM, P1, YO, SM, * K1 (center st), REPEAT FROM * TO *, END K1"

The note says "stitches between new markers will be worked in the Twin Leaf pattern....stitches outside those markers will be worked in stockinette, with 3 sts on each long side in reverse stockinette to balance the lace pattern.

I have four sts on one long side end, and two on the other! ACK-ACK-ACK. I've emailed the maker of the pattern and the Wing of the Moth shawl...but...I am impatient to keep knitting! I am half done and I cannot wait till it is finished and I can show it off!

I am majorly confuzzled...


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.