3/05/2007

No takers on guessing aye? The revealing....

This is the wing of the moth SCARF. The yarn is hand spun, and dyed, shetland (dyed and spun up by me) and I blocked this one with a new set of blocking wires which made the process a tad bit easier. It looks small on me....cause me so abundant, but on a smaller person it will be a little bigger. I am giving this one to a friend who is visiting from California this weekend. A little giftie for all she has done to help me through my Saturn Return so far.



I had two skiens of the same yarn that were both dyed with the same technique, but the second one got dyed a bit darker somehow and it makes an excellant border!! I will have to do that again...if I can!

I love knitting the scarf version of the shawl as it doesn't take nearly as long to knit up. I did this one in about 4 days. I tink I LOVED lace kniting!





Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful shawl! Nice job! I recently saw your video regarding spinning silk hankies. Thanks, I'll have to pull mine out and give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana and you are welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.