7/21/2007

It's a stay home sorta day...


I am staying home this weekend. I have lots of new fiber to clean and I want to get the rest of the yarn spun up for Mum's Wing of the Moth Shawlette. I saw a super cool pattern for a shawl in the Fall issue of Creative Knitting, of which I bought JUST for that pattern at the LYS down the street. I also bought three Cherry Tree Hill patterns that were on half-off that I had been wanting for the longest time. I bought Swing Coat , Sugah Set (I wanted the caplet pattern), and Autumn Grace stole. For some reason the last two are not listed on the Cherry Tree Hill website. *shrugs* Normally $5 each I bought three of them for $7.50, Yippie!!

I am nursing some sort of cold I got yesterday when I did a stupid thing. I took a puff of the inhaler I have (OTC because I cannot afford prescription inhalers) and went out right after to bike down to the LYS. I got sharp upper chest pains and my esophagus burned! That was not pleasant for every time I breathed in the burning intensified! Had I known this would happen I would have not taken the inhaler just before leaving! Apparently, I need to wait ten minutes for the inhaler to take effect before I begin any intense exercise. Who'd a thunk?! As a result of this, I developed a cough and fluid has settled into my lungs. Overnight, it moved up into my head so now my sinuses are filled up and I have a slight bubbly cough. *sigh* Wonderful. I am taking Zicam to alleviate the symptoms but I HATE the taste of it and leaves a nasty film in my mouth and upsets my stomach. NASTY stuff, but it works! I take an inhaler before I exercise because that is when my lungs tighten up but I had no idea I needed give it time to settle in and work before I workout!

I knit up another demo for the LYS and it knit up quickly. It was a simple pattern for a small felted baggie.

That same LYS propositioned me to work on Saturdays twice a month! The only problem I have with working there is the dress code. I cannot wear jeans, sorts, or T-shirts and that just about sums up my wardrobe and I am not a dress wearing gal!! So we decided to wait a couple weeks till I could buy some better work clothes. I have worked in a casual work environment for so long that I stopped buying fancier clothes long ago. Now since I have lost weight I need to buy smaller clothes anyways as I have dropped a size!! Hurray!! All my 2X T's just hang off me and are not that comfortable that way. I have a few 1X's to wear, but not many. My shorts are so much looser and I am enjoying that! I won't need new shorts or jeans until they start to fall off my ass-I think that is a long ways down the road, but that day is coming and I am so looking forward to getting smaller pants!! At the moment I wear 24's which are a bit bigger than I need because I don't like tight fitting pants. I think I could go down to 22's if I really wanted, but I think they would be a tad too tight yet.

I am really dissapointed in the Llama fleeces I purchased off ebay. Even though the listing says they were profesionally sheered, I am finding that hard to believe because of the amount of second cuts! One fleece had bits of hoof and I wonder about the health of the animal it came from. One was just riddled with guard hairs that I spend a good amound of time Thursday plucking. I haven't touched the third one yet as I am too busy with other, better, fleeces. I bought 2 pounds of raw Targee (OMG what a wonderful fiber!!! SOooooo soft, compairable to Merino!) and 2 pounds of raw uncoated Merino. I am washing them both today. I am having trouble carding the Merino as it keeps coming out with lots of nibs for some reason. Must be the finess of the wool. I'll use it anyways as I don't think the nubs will be all that noticable in a worsted yarn.


Until next time...






***All content is Copyright year and date of posting to C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. Reproduction without permission in any form is strictly forbidden (linking to the post is OK). Violators will be shut-down.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.