9/17/2007

Does this clash?


Tell me honestly, is this clashing? Are there too many colors? It's trippin me out man!! HA! I had a bit of hard time getting the hang of the charting, but now I understand it after knitting, unknitting, and searching the archives of the Mystery Shawl group for an answer that made sense.


I hope, as it gets bigger, the colors will tend to seperate more and make batches of color instead of stripes. This yarn came out worsted, navajo plied to keep the colors together. A bit heavy for this Mystery Shawl project, so I am using size 8 needles which will render a much larger shawl...perfect for me!

We went to the farmers market Sunday and I bought lots of goodies! Well not a whole lot, but more than I expected to come home with!! With $10 I bought: one large certified organicly grown butternut for $1.50 (much more than I could have gotten in the stores), medium pie pumpkin for $2 (also certified Organic from the same vender), one dozen farm fresh and humane eggs for $2.50 (A whole buck less than in the stores!!!), and a bag of Elm Oyster Shrooms for $2 (about 2 ounces worth). OMG the eggs, with the shrooms are TO DIE FOR GOOD!! OMG...mouth-gasims! Next Sunday, when I visit for more of these items, I will take some pictures and take you on a tour of our local Farmers Market. I have been having cravings for these fall foods. I love fall!!










Until next time...

***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website(text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited(linking to the post is OK).***

8 comments:

  1. I like it. I spun up the same colors a couple of years ago with the intention of knitting flower basket with it, but it didn't look as consistent and lovely as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the skein I don't know. As knit up, I think that the eye is caught by the colors, but as you said, it will improve as the shawl gets larger. Where did you find the autumn mystery shawl? I looked for it, and missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - I like it! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! The BF did this wierd squinty thing when I asked him. He is always afraid to be honest with me, afraid he will offend.
    Fiber Fanatic, the KAL is here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mysteryshawlgroup/ but it is not free. There is a small fee of $5 which is very reasonable IMHO for thier (http://www.bopeepswoolshop.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2&zenid=34e02b29f9a0b2ddc510b625227976e5) time in designing and organizing the KAL. They also have a Halloween Mystery Shawl coming up too for the same price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't clash at all!...I dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I think it looks great, no clashing. Seriously, the colors are like intense shades from nature, you've got the brown, sage green, gold, and red. I'm feeling it, and I like the way it's striping. Looks really nice to me!

    By the way, I tagged you on my blog for a Meme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:21 AM

    I lurv it. It's groovy baby!

    No seriously, I looooooove the colors. Very fun and fall and cozy and pretty and . . . ahem. If I knew you in person I would steal your yarn.

    =)

    Michelle
    greenwoman.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely lovely colors. Very seasonal. And in a sense, kinda retro on one level. You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.