11/16/2007

Balance Ball and karate News

I purchased a balance ball from Target today and tried the AB workout that came with it. The kit cost me $28.00 for a small ball, two DVD's, a stretch band, and one manual hand pump to blow the giant ball up with. The Ab workout is KILLER! OUCH! So this was well worth the money. I really like balance ball AB work as apposed to traditional sit-ups and crunches. It's much easier on my tail bone.
 
In other news:
My Karate instructor complimented me on my kicks last night at Black Belt class. He said "Great job on those kicks. WOW!" He literally said wow! Sweet!! I am so proud of myself! I have been stretching and working out everyday for the past two weeks (minus the weekends), 10-20 minutes at a time (minus stretching time) and it has really been paying off. I stretch to the Goddess Mandala and then kick-punch-jump rope to my favortite Podrunner mix Beat Cathedral (which is no longer available online but I can send it via email if you'd like). Then I do cool-down Tia-Chi to the music of 2002-Heaven and Earth.  I promote to Purple Belt on November 30th!! I've made it to my goal!!
 
I have been craving animal protein big time. Must be my muscles telling me something! So I bought some steak to make tonight for the BF and I. I am eating some Cage Free eggs at the moment. Yummy!! Speaking of food, I am going to purchase an organic turkey this year. I wonder how the taste will differ from what we normally eat? If it is anything like how the eggs taste so much better than the "regular", factory-farm raised eggs...I may get hooked! It's a bit more money but worth it to help support ethical meat growing (not just turkeys).
 
I haven't gotten much of anything else done. I am too busy working for the money and working-out. There is barely any time for anything else anymore. I was almost ready to say I cannot work during the week at the yarnhouse, but I sucked it up and I continue to work during the week. I need the extra money and it is only three days a week for 2 hours a day. It would be nice if I could get more than one weekend off on a regular basis but then that would mean less money. Ugh...decisions!
 
I am busy preparing my basic self-defense presentation that I will be doing in another three weeks. I think by then I will be more than ready to present. At the same time I am laying the foundation for a regular work-out routine.  I will have more time later next week when school is out for two days and winter break is coming up as well. I cannot wait for the two weeks off. Mom is coming one of those weeks so I am sure the week will be interesting.
 
Until next time...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.