3/17/2010

Peat Pellets


Did you know: Peat Pellets are actually too acidic for proper root development for most veggie seedlings? Not only that they dry out terribly fast. Use organic seed starting soil mix instead as it has been mixed to provide properly balanced pH with ingredients that won't try out so quickly. Try mixing your starting mix with some of that "Soil Moist", But be sure to by the fine granules for seed starting as the regular sized granules actually expand too much for seedlings. Use the regular sized granules for the garden & potted veggies. I use "Soil Moist" in all my potted veggies & in my garden (raised gardens dry out much quicker than traditional ground level gardens).

Knowledge from years of gardening, free for you. :)

PS;

Spam comments will never see the light of day, & I ain't stupid enough to click the links. I have no idea why, but this post is getting plenty of spam comments with links. I wish blogger had a setting that would not allow the posting of links. That would cut back on a lot of these pathetic spammers. They honestly think people are naive enough to fall for that sort of shit now-a-days?! Please.

Until next time...

***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website(text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited(linking to the post is OK).***

2 comments:

  1. My comment has nothing to do with gardening, which I love! I just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE your spinning and related tutorials on utube. I am just getting into this aspect of fiber arts and find your videos entertaining, understandable and cutely funny. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it here from your you tube channel, educational and entertaining BTW. Thanks for this bit of info I didn't realize peat pellets were like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.