4/10/2014

Rag rug weaving and Mystery Quilt update


It's Mystery Quilt Thursday! A new weekly post? Maybe.
Clue #2 came out last Thursday and I am currently working on the #3 which came out today on the "Just Us Quilters" Facebook group. I am LOVING this MQ thing. It's my first one yea know. And once again I cannot align my text the way I want to because of blogger's finicky issues....grrrrr.
MQ Clue #2


Rag strips!
Rags, rags, rags. Two old sheets of mine that have pills and are too ruff for my sensitive skin have been torn into strips for weaving into a rag rug.



On the loom



The old Navajo Loom came out from storage and got dusted off and retied. All the ropes holding the sticks together and loosened from a couple years of non-use and being moved about.  I have no wall space left to mount it up on the wall like I had it at the old place so I tied it to my warping frame made from 2x4's for added support. It looks wonky, but it's not. I really need to find a different stick for the left side. That bowed stick is not helping any. I made this years and years ago when I first tried to do Navajo style weaving. Needless to say, that interest came and went but I kept the loom "just in case" I ever wanted to try weaving on it again. Glad I kept it.



Spring break starts next week. I hope to get a lots done around the apartment, garden and quilting. I am also having to change employment again as the school contract switched companies, again. It's switched back to a company I've worked for before, but one which I don't care for and is shady. I am hearing all sorts of bad things about the company I am driving for now, coming from ex-employees and currently alike. Dunno what to think about that as I have never had any issues. But then again, I don't hang out at the terminal and I don't get involved with inner office politics. Here's my paper work, have a great day, bye! I don't care about anything else. I just want to do my job, get paid, be happy, go home, do some handicraft and go to bed. 

I am really tired of having to deal with establishing into a new company so I have been exploring other transportation job options. One of which is driving for a local coop cab company. I have never driven cab so it will be something new and exciting, and scary. I've considered driving a city transit bus, but I am not all that eager to try it and it scares me more than considering a cabbie job.

My one very big obstacle right now is GETTING to a new job. The nearest city bus stop to where I currently reside is several miles away. I could bike or walk, but that's a long way to walk and I really don't want to risk damaging my expensive bike on the bike rack in front of the bus. It's my only mode of getting around when I am off work. Cabs cost A LOT and just to go 8 miles into the next city is effin $15. Pshhhh!!! Crazy.

I'm not sure what I am gonna do. I do know that I am gonna take some time out to meditate and consult a tarot deck for guidance. Might ask a friend to do a reading for me because it's hard to stay objective when reading for myself. 





Until next time...
***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website(text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited(linking to the post is OK).***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.