10/12/2014

What I have been working


Custom Journal Cover
 I thought since I've not posted in a while I would post a bit about what I had been working on through the last couple of months. Quilting has gone to the back burner while my passion for the paper arts has come around again. 
I have so many interests and talents that they make their rounds as the year goes.
The first one is an altered $1 journal found at Joanns. I sanded the cover and then gesso'd it, which made a very interesting texture with the sanding.  On top of that I worked in some oil pastels to make a sunrise like scene. The old tree was made with black...paper rope? I have no idea what it is called but it was sent to me some time ago in a swap. It makes a great looking tree!! It just needs an owl or crow on a branch. 





Fall Card




This is a fall themed card that I made for a swap, but then found that I had already sent out that swap. Whoops! This particular design was inspired from fall themes I looked at in the magazine "Card Maker Fall 2014". It's a mag that the library carries. So I go in and browse through it and take photos with the phone of what inspires me since I cannot check-out the current issues. Library rules. Meh. I like it so much I was considering making a set of five to add to the shop for $20. The background is mono-printed. I don't think I have enough gems though for all five...might have to mix it up a bit but micro beads or even leaf punchies.







Full Moon 



This next one of the moon was the day after the full moon eclipse. It was picture perfect sitting above work. It was auto-awesomed by google.














Sacred Hallows

This Sacred Hallows journal page was done for a swap on swapbot called "Sacred Hallows". I also included a pressed leaf, some "Sacred Wood" incense and a crow feather for my partner. 













Bookpage Dragonfly













Bookpage Dragonfly and Ladybug ATC's were done for a swap on swapbot.com. I had a fun time swapping through that site over the summer but I just don't have time for it now.



Bookpage Ladybug



















Pumpkin ATC


A nice fall scene for a pumpkin ATC,











Rare Urban Trashcan Squirrel


 And while out for a coffee run last weekend, a squirrel decided to explore the trashcan next to the window where I sat. He stretched all the way down inside of it but I was too slow at getting the phone out to catch that bit of funny squirrel fun. See the blue car? That's mine!! Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!




Fall ATC


Another ATC for a swap over there on swapbot.











Halloween ATC Swap



These were fun to create. I didn't realize when I signed up that it was a three-for-three. I had fun creating these none-the-less. Used some mono-printed background that I experimented with adding texture with undiluted gesso.









That's all for now me thinks. I worked on a lot over the summer. I'll try to stay more active on here. After I get home I usually don't have energy for much more than making dinner, doing a few dishes, eating said dinner and heading off to bed.

TTFN!



Until next time...
***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website (text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited (linking to the post is OK). I've had to revert to moderating all comments due to spammers.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.