8/16/2006

Knitting and Walking



I've been walking down to the local coffee shop most everyday since I am out of work for three weeks, and I have been bringing my scarf along with me. It really makes the walk go quick and I liken it to reading and walking (something I used to do a lot of when I was a kid-walking to and from school). I can knit three inches on the way there and back, and the thing is getting sooooo long! I am almost through the first skien. Today on the way back I stopped at the LYS and bought some of their clearenced llama and mohair rovings to dye and spin...eventually. It's not realted to this cable KAL, but I was on a cable row and I stood just outside the door to the LYS-finishing the row. They noticed...said I was addicted. LOL!!

Knitting while walking also helps modivate me to walk more often-and that's just plain good for me. *big grin* I get more miles in walking and knitting (maybe I should shorten that to watting, or witting...I like Witting. :) than I do walking. My mind is always in ceaseless motion, and I get bored easily. Witting eliviates that greatly. OKAy...now I need to make myself a witting button...LMAO!!!

While out and about, I was feeling very connect to nature. I dunno what it was. I have felt very peaceful today. Wish it was a feeling I could have everyday.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.