12/11/2006

More treasure hunting fun!



I found three more items to frog at the East side Goodwills store! I wish they were a little cheaper...I feel that $4 for a sweater is asking a lot for second hand. I'm gonna plan on hitting the dig-n-save this weekend. They sell cloths by the pound (something like a quarter a pound). Loads of fun that-a-way too. They have HUGE boxes of stuff!

I've gotten two 6 ounce balls of yarn from the cream colored sweater in the other picture, thus far! That was just for the arms! I still have yet to frog the body of the sweater. WOW! What a find! AND, it is natural fibers (did the bleach test on a scrap peice). I think it is some kind of virgin wool because it is super soft, not even the littlest scratchy. Someone paid a shit-load of money for this yarn to make this sweater. I'm almost sorry to frog it...ALMOST...*snicker*. I'm not a sweater person.





Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. So, ironically I just dragged out a bunch of my wool stash and started spinning again and I found these items. The darker sweater frogged pretty easily, but the other two....forget it. They'll be used as nesting material for the wild birds in the spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.