3/21/2007

100 Smartest Diet Tips Ever - Weight Loss on Yahoo! Health

100 Smartest Diet Tips Ever - Weight Loss on Yahoo! Health

Though this was worth bookmarking so I could reference to it again.
My favorite (because I live on a street full of great smellin resturants): Eating out? Halve it, and bag the rest. A typical restaurant entree has 1,000 to 2,000 calories, not even counting the bread, appetizer, beverage, and dessert.

YOUCH! That'll put a dent in the weight loss goal...in the wrong direction! Plus leftovers are always something good to look forward to eating!

And WTH does this mean? : Follow the Chinese saying: "Eat until you are eight-tenths full."
Eight-tenths full? How do I know when I am 8/10's full?!

OOOh and here is the biggie...getting the right veggie intake in.

How Can I Eat More Veggies?

26. Have a V8 or tomato juice instead of a Diet Coke at 3 pm. (I've started getting a can for my breakfast between my routes in the mid-morning hours)

27. Doctor your veggies to make them delicious: Dribble maple syrup over carrots, and sprinkle chopped nuts on green beans. (What an idea!!)

28. Mix three different cans of beans and some diet Italian dressing. Eat this three-bean salad all week. (Beans-beans the magical fruit, the more you eat...)

29. Don't forget that vegetable soup counts as a vegetable. (oooooOOOh goodie....)

30. Rediscover the sweet potato.

31. Use prebagged baby spinach everywhere: as "lettuce" in sandwiches, heated in soups, wilted in hot pasta, and added to salads. (I love spinach!)

32. Spend the extra few dollars to buy vegetables that are already washed and cut up. (WHY??? What a waste of money!! Good grief.)

33. Really hate veggies? Relax. If you love fruits, eat plenty of them; they are just as healthy (especially colorful ones such as oranges, mangoes, and melons). (MMMMmmmm...melon)

34. Keep seven bags of your favorite frozen vegetables on hand. Mix any combination, microwave, and top with your favorite low-fat dressing. Enjoy 3 to 4 cups a day. Makes a great quick dinner. (what an idea!!!)

1 comment:

  1. 26. Have a V8 or tomato juice instead of a Diet Coke at 3 pm:

    I do this myself; the Spicy is kickass.

    27. Doctor your veggies to make them delicious:

    Maple syrup is a no-no if you've got insulin resistance problems; those Salad Spritzers are wonderful, though! And I highly recommend sliced almonds on green beans, they're a natural!

    28. Mix three different cans of beans and some diet Italian dressing. Eat this three-bean salad all week:

    Beano anyone?

    30. Rediscover the sweet potato.

    Try it with splenda and cinnamon, and a little butter. It's low-glycemic and appetite friendly with all that fiber.

    31. Use prebagged baby spinach everywhere: as "lettuce" in sandwiches, heated in soups, wilted in hot pasta, and added to salads.

    Just keep in mind that to get the full nutritional benefit of spinach it must be cooked. Weird, I know, but true.

    32. Spend the extra few dollars to buy vegetables that are already washed and cut up:

    I do this, it's convenient. I am lazy, and would rather have it clean, portion controlled and ready to go when I want it.

    33. Really hate veggies? Relax. If you love fruits, eat plenty of them; they are just as healthy (especially colorful ones such as oranges, mangoes, and melons).

    The reality is, the harder the fruit, the better it is for diets. Apples and pears are wonderful that way.


    When I was on Weight Watchers a few years ago, my afternoon treat was microwave popcorn as it was low in points, high in fiber, and filled me up.

    Also, when I was on Atkins, I'd take extra fiber capsules, as the fiber helped to bulk me up and make me feel fuller longer. During that time, I also was occasionally eating GG Bran Crispbread (albeit I was eating them with all natural peanut butter!). They were quite FIBERY, but filled me up, even more so if I had a cup of tea with it.

    There's also a book I will be getting soon, The Fiber 35 Diet: Nature's Weight Loss Secret.

    Just passing on some links that you may find helpful:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.