100 Smartest Diet Tips Ever - Weight Loss on Yahoo! Health
Though this was worth bookmarking so I could reference to it again.
My favorite (because I live on a street full of great smellin resturants): Eating out? Halve it, and bag the rest. A typical restaurant entree has 1,000 to 2,000 calories, not even counting the bread, appetizer, beverage, and dessert.
YOUCH! That'll put a dent in the weight loss goal...in the wrong direction! Plus leftovers are always something good to look forward to eating!
And WTH does this mean? : Follow the Chinese saying: "Eat until you are eight-tenths full."
Eight-tenths full? How do I know when I am 8/10's full?!
OOOh and here is the biggie...getting the right veggie intake in.
How Can I Eat More Veggies?
26. Have a V8 or tomato juice instead of a Diet Coke at 3 pm. (I've started getting a can for my breakfast between my routes in the mid-morning hours)
27. Doctor your veggies to make them delicious: Dribble maple syrup over carrots, and sprinkle chopped nuts on green beans. (What an idea!!)
28. Mix three different cans of beans and some diet Italian dressing. Eat this three-bean salad all week. (Beans-beans the magical fruit, the more you eat...)
29. Don't forget that vegetable soup counts as a vegetable. (oooooOOOh goodie....)
30. Rediscover the sweet potato.
31. Use prebagged baby spinach everywhere: as "lettuce" in sandwiches, heated in soups, wilted in hot pasta, and added to salads. (I love spinach!)
32. Spend the extra few dollars to buy vegetables that are already washed and cut up. (WHY??? What a waste of money!! Good grief.)
33. Really hate veggies? Relax. If you love fruits, eat plenty of them; they are just as healthy (especially colorful ones such as oranges, mangoes, and melons). (MMMMmmmm...melon)
34. Keep seven bags of your favorite frozen vegetables on hand. Mix any combination, microwave, and top with your favorite low-fat dressing. Enjoy 3 to 4 cups a day. Makes a great quick dinner. (what an idea!!!)