3/29/2007

Favorite yarn-fugly yarn...spuckly even...

I gotta say, my most favorite yarn, that I have ever had the pleasure to touch, has been merino blended with silk (or any other soft wool blended with silk)...Oh. My. Goddess. Softness with a sparkle that is TO DIE FOR! That is where I got my inspiration for the alpaca and silk yarn I have been spinning and knitting into a Wing of the Moth shawl. Of which...with less than 10 rows to go...I have put aside for now. You say "Only 10 to go!? GO!-GO!-GO! KNIT LIKE THE WIND!" but then I say "It takes an hour a row to do now because of the sheer SIZE of the shawl now. WHEW...heavy and warm...with spring in full swing it gets hot under that thing!!" Okay...did I just do one hell of a nifty rhyme?! LMAO!! YEeeeeeeeaaaaaahhh!! Call me Shakespear-ella!! ;-P

I would have blended the silk with the alpaca if I had had the means to do so. Instead I just plied them together.

Here is some shown at this here link of which the purple and blue are GORGI-OUS! There is another nice picture of some silk wool blended yarn here too! OMG look at that! DROooooooool!!! *pat-pat-pat* Drool and electronics DO NOT MIX. ZZZZZzzzzzap!

My least favorite has to be Mohair...I found out the hard way that mohair and I do not get along. AS I was cleaning a raw adult mohair fleece (which turned out to be course as hell!!), I broke out in hives where my arms came in contact. Nice sheen, but a pain in the arms (HA!) to clean up and card! Even kid mohair is ruff to me. Blah. Besides that, I can get the same sort of sheen out of lincoln longhair...even alpaca for a lot less mo-nay! SPUCK!




Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.