7/27/2007

OMGoddess, Mussel goodness!!!

I finally found someone in town that sells fresh (quesitonable...) or should I say live Mussels. I made up that recipie I posted yesterday only I added 1 cup of white cooking wine, 3 inely chopped garlic cloves, three sprigs of fresh basil chopped, one whole LARGE Portabella mushroom chopped, and anout 1/4 teapsoon of kosher salt. I had to let the Mussels sit overnight in the fridge because I got them so late and I lost two overnight. Don't cook the dead ones...that is playin with fire. You put all this and the rinsed off muscles in a large pan, cover and cook for about 5 minutes on med-high heat to get the wine boiling. The Mussels will open and shrink in size (the actual Mussel, not the shells...ha!). Turn off the heat when they have all opened and let it sit and cool a bit before adding some flour to thicken up the now soup base, and then add in some paramason and romano cheeses. OMG....what a CHEAP dish to make!! How much would you pay for ONE SERVING of a dish like this? $20? $25??

I payed just over $9 for the ingredients and I had to go elsewhere for the Mussels which were $3.99 a pound and all they had left was just .93 of a pound. So the Mussels ended up being $3.63. What is that? About $14 for THREE servings!! OHHHhh...MYYYyyyy...GOddessssss.....YUMMY!!!!




Until next time...






***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website(text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited(linking to the post is OK).***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.