7/25/2007

While Driftin Asleep one night...


Last night I was thinking about the elemental salutations that I learned over the weekend I went to the class for Personal Energy Management, words came to me. Words that were to be said with each salutation of each element. I can't find any pictures or any sites that has what I learned but basically they are simple...yoga like stances. The salutation ritual starts with your hands in front of you, palms together, like a simple Buda prayer pose. You come back to this simple prayer pose inbetween each pose.

Air: From prayer pose, extend arms out to each side, palms down, spread your fingers wide-imagining they are the feathers of a birds' wing. Sway gently as if riding on the wind.

"Hail to the Winds which blow in each Season"

Fire: From prayer pose, extend arms upward, slightly out in a V form.

"Hail to the Fires' passions burning bright."

Water: This one is hard to explain in words alone but I will try my best. From Prayer pose, open hands so that palms face outward, fold fingers down-under and back around as you open your arms and bring them to waist level, imitating waves lapping on a beach gently swing the arms.

"Hail to Water, womb of the Earth"

Earth: From prayer pose, lower arms all the way, palms facing the ground, gently bob up and down.

"Hail to Mother Earth who supports my every step."

Spirit: From prayer pose, open bent arms wide to the sides, palms facing outward. This serves to open the Heart chakra.

"Hail to Spirit who shows us the way."

I tried putting the words to song, but I am not much of a singer. It goes to the Heart Beat of the drum for sure. I am sure someone in our spiritual group will be able to put it to words.



Until next time...






***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website(text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited(linking to the post is OK).***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.