9/08/2007

What a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood...

What a beautiful day for a Sheep and Wool Festival!!


OH! OH! OH! The sun was out the clouds were many but where fluffy balls of drifting cotton, they had lambs, sheep, dogs, rabbits, and fleece OH MY!

I have a slide show here: View slideshow

My favorite photo I took while there was this one:

"Innocents"

Stash Acquisition:

  • Viscose-8 Oz.
  • Tensile- 6 Oz.
  • Raw Targee X Salish Lamb, Dk. Brown with Golden tips, 5 Lbs.
  • Raw Targee White 3Lbs
  • Raw Border Lanchester Lamb, Brown with silver and golden tips, 1 Lb
  • 2nd Spinners Control Card (the one I had disappeared)
  • 2 Oz. Eucalan w/ Eucalyptus Oil
  • Deep Orange and Royal Blue dyes

Well I have the natural colored fleece to spin up yarn for the Secret of the Stole KAL. I plan on spinning the white targee for the Mystery Shawl KAL which I will dye in wonderful shades of green, orange, red and brown for the fall theme of the shawl.

I packed a lunch and brought with me six cans of Diet Pepsi and six bottles of water. Not that I would drink it all...better to bring more just in case or if I want to share. I bought a root-beer float while I was there but that is all I bought from the food vendors. I thought about cheese sticks...but then decided against it since it was 5 sticks for $4.50. It just ain't worth it.

When I started out this morning, I took the wrong highway and had to go four miles in the opposite direction before the next exit so I could turn around. *face-palm* Then when I got to Johnson Creek I forgot where I went last year and the directions of the festival website are vague...at best. So I wasted about 30 minutes trying not to get lost in Johnson Creek...HA!

Here are Lime and Violet's Project cards that they put out some weeks ago helping me to remember how much of what yarn I need:

They came in handy and I actually lost them when I took my camera out of the case (where I had been storing them instead of in my jean pockets) for the first time to take some photos of the sheep. But when I re-walked my photo route, I found them in the gravel, slightly stepped on and ran over, but still intacked!


Thanks so much to the Pleasant Spinners Guild for sending me a weekend pass! I plan on returning tomorrow to spin with them in the Sheep to Shawl Demonstration.



Until next time...

***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website(text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited(linking to the post is OK).***

2 comments:

  1. That festival sounds like it must have been fun! Cute picture of the girl with the little lamb!

    It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who gets lost! I'm glad you were only 30 minutes finding the right direction!

    I just noticed that you take karate. Cool!! My son just started lessons a few months ago and is an orange belt about to go to yellow next month. I'm just dying to start taking lessons too, since it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A festival like that we have in germany next month
    http://www.handspinngilde.org/
    I´m going to meet the faces behind the blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.