8/17/2013

Quilted Trivet covers and Quilt Progress

 I made this lovely trivet & cover for a friend of mine who had a house warming party this afternoon. A four leaf clover for good luck in the new place. the four leaves could also represent the four quarters as well.

 It's really a super simple design that you can exchange out, or wash, with the seasons.
I learned how to do it at this here blog:
Moosestash Quilting

It's a scrap project so I used nothing but scraps for the front. It's supposed to have some Velcro on the flap, but what I bought several weeks ago is MIA. I blame the fairies. LOL!!
 It was fairly quick to do, the first one always takes a bit longer to do...at least it does for me. It was really fun to make as well, although the recipient thought it would be too pretty to use as a trivet, but it's washable so it's really no big deal.

I didn't have quite enough of the purple I used for the outside border to reach the ends, so decided to put in some contrasting corner squares. These squares were about 1 1/2 inches. Glue basting and starch really made that process go a lot smoother and easier than it would have otherwise because of the small sizes.



The first quilt is coming along. Borders added and ready to be sandwiched. I've decided to tie this one, since it is a log quilt. My quilt friend Bellezza, asked me if I had named it. Name a quilt? Had me thinking. I decided to call it "New Beginnings". It's a my first quilt among many other projects, and I took up quilting when I had to start my life over on my own. So it's appropriate.

I am pondering changing the planned binding color, originally a dark green to a tan. I think it would balance out the colors more if there was some tan on the border.




Stick a pin in it!



Until next time...

***All content is Copyright year and date of posting, and are the sole property of C4G/CCW unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of any part of this website(text, photo's, etc)is strictly prohibited(linking to the post is OK).***





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.