1/20/2007

One Toe-up Sock done! Breezing along the mate!

I got my first ever toe-up sock done, and it took me less time to complete than cuff down. I love the toe up and I do believe I will be knitting socks with this method from now on. I bound off using a loose: K1, YO, PSO, K1, PSO and it made a nice ruffled look top the top that I just adore to no end! It also produces a super stretchy bind-off. BTW, PSO is "pass stitch over" like in PSSO only the stitch before it is not slipped.

Then I did the after-thought heel which makes knitting the entire sock take much less time as you don't have to mess with picking up a bunch of stitches, rather, just a few. It's basically a toe of a sock where the heel is and you close it with the kitchier stitch. My heel has knub on each side because I picked up too many stitches in the corners and I had to BO after two inches for my regular heel.

After knitting the Wing of the Moth shawl for almost a week, I discovered that my gauge has loosened up quite a bit, and this sock turned out a little big because of it. So on the mate to this sock I took four stitches off the total and this one will fit much better. So, if you have a death grip on your yarn when you knit, knit some lace to help relax yourself and your grip. :) You HAVE to knit loose when knitting lace. It's a valuable tip for those who do the death grip as I used to when I first started knitting.









Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Most comments will be published right away except for you pathetic spammers who's messages will never see the light of day. If you are offended by having to fill one a "prove you are not a robot" form, my goodness...chill out! It takes two seconds to do and saves me a ton spam to have to filter through and it takes two seconds, MAX. If you are that easily offended, maybe you should simply not comment, and seek some counseling.